With the rise of technology, and the use of digital devices such as smartphones, the internet has become closely intertwined with our daily lives. For some individuals, the compulsive use of Internet and Gaming affects their career and relationships. Our programme help them to understand, manage and stop compulsive Internet use, Video and Mobile Gaming.
At WE CARE, we provide accessible and affordable professional help for individuals and families struggling with various forms of addictions. We provide a safe environment for the individual and family to work on their issues and effect long-lasting change.
Does someone you know or do you:
- Feel preoccupied with the Internet and/or gaming (think about previous online activity or anticipate next online session)?
- Feel the need to use the Internet and/or gaming with increasing amounts of time in order to achieve satisfaction?
- Repeatedly make unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop Internet use and/or gaming?
- Feel restless, moody, depressed, or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop Internet use and/or gaming ?
- Stay online and/or game longer than originally intended?
- Jeopardize or risk the loss of a significant relationship, job, or educational or career opportunity because of the Internet and/or gaming?
- Lie to family members or others to conceal the extent of involvement with the Internet and/or gaming?
Help & Treatment
If you find yourself gaming or surfing the net excessively, seeking professional help early can help to reduce the harmful consequences and social & economic costs of problem gambling.
Screening – The aim of the initial session is to identify the presence of excessive gaming and/or problematic internet use problems and any negative consequences. Any other existing mental health conditions are screened for in order to provide a deeper understanding of the client.
Assessment – This is a comprehensive understanding of the severity and depth of the excessive gaming and problematic internet use in the context of the client life’s situation. The individual’s strengths, weaknesses, problems and needs are accounted in order to collaborate an effective solution. A discussion of potential risks is also integrated into the treatment planning.
Treatment Planning + Counselling – The treatment plan is tailored to the client’s needs. Immediate and long-term goals are established. A discussion of WE CARE‘s holistic services is included in the treatment planning.